John B Busch Brewery - Melted our wedding reception

Columbia, Missouri 11 comments

The John B. Busch Brewery in Washington, Missouri ruined our wedding reception!! It was a 90 degree day, humid and hot outside and the air conditioner broke before our reception even started and we weren't refunded, discounted or even apologized to.

Our beautiful cake melted, our 200 guests could hardly eat the food because they were sweating. Our reception pictures are foggy from the humid conditions. Most of our guests were forced to hang out outside because it was cooler outside then it was inside.

Most of our guests were from out of town and traveled quite a distance to attend. All of our guests left early, our reception was empty by 10pm and we had it booked till midnight.

Afterwards, we found out that this happens every summer at the brewery in Washington, Missouri and it was apparently well known (wish someone would have told us!!). We also, were in charge of setting the entire hall up by ourselves. We set up the bar, cleaned the bathrooms, organized the tables and chairs, cleaned up the veranda. We paid a fee for them to clean up but ended up doing it ourselves because they were so crooked we thought they might discard our centerpieces, candles, etc that we purchased for decorations.

Before our wedding, a couple rented the brewery for their reception (we later found out). The brewery has a huge outdoor chiminea built right into the patio. Well the chimney fell over, so the owners wrapped the outdoor area in bright yellow caution tape and left the mess there. The couple had this ugly tape and stones from the chimney scattered all over the veranda at their reception. When they complained, they were told that you have to pay extra for them to clean up the veranda???!!! So they just left it.

People see the outside when they come in!! The people that own and run the brewery are not running a fair and just business. They have no feelings of remorse for ripping off their customers. We do not want this to happen to anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review about: Wedding Reception.

Comments

#552023

I can't believe all of the mean things people said about this bride.Things happen, air conditioners go out, places this old do go under construction.

I don't think she was lying. How would you feel if this happened on your wedding day?

I think she has very right to be upset.It is not necessarily the owners fault that the air conditioner went out, but it is rude to accuse the bride of being a liar just because it didn't go out on your wedding day.

My husband and I had our reception at the Washington Brewery on June 30th. We could not have asked for a better experience. The owners went above and beyond our expectations. They picked up the slack for our other venders. They met our caterers to set up when they were running hours late, they allowed us to set up early, they also went and got us more bar essentials half way through the reception when we ran out of stuff. The facility is absolutely stunning and well taken care of. Everything was 100% perfect.

I also would like to mention, we got married on 6-30-12, if you remember this day was the hottest day ever. I believe it topped out at 112 degrees. I had zero complaints about the temperature from guests, attendants or even myself or my husband.

I personally believe that there are many hateful, conniving people out there who would do anything to make a buck. If this post is truly what happened, then I am sorry for that. However, you have to remember things happen, you still got married (hopefully still married now) and the day went on.

Traci and the Brewery employees were the easiest, most flexible people we worked with during our entire wedding planning process. I have had MANY compliments about how beautiful our reception was. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone getting married.

My husband and I had our reception at the Washington brewery , couldn't have been more pleased!!I did research the Brewery before booking , and I came across this post .

At first I was a little apprehensive.... but after meeting with the owners , I had no doubt that this was a over stated if not malicious attemp to hurt the business , for reasons unknown. The owners were not only the most reasonably priced , but the easiest to work with. As for being "crooked" seroiusly , Tracy let us set up Friday , and then clear our centerpieces out Sunday!!

Clean up , yes we were responsible for cleaning up the things that we brought in ,that is it! no mopping or bathrooms , I just find it impossibly hard to believe all of the untruths in this post . Washington Brewery and their employees , have been so gracious and lovely to work with for our wedding!!

And yes it was July and 105 degrees outside....the building was just fine.I would recommend this beautiful establishment to anyone planning to get married.!!

Bridzilla!I Think soo.

I think miss mess needs the garder pulled out of her butt! The Brewery is an anmazing venue for a reception with a great out door smoking section one of the few anywhere. I am in love with the history, and as for the other person's comment. The Anheiser-Busch family would be amazed at the originality of the place and how well its history has been maintained!

So thppppp to the female dog bride!Sounds like you deserved a 90° weather wedding lol :cry

Another website shows the old Busch Mansion, As if it is conected to the "Brewery Building?" It is not!It belongs to the VFW and is used as their meeting place or "hall".

Nothing to do with the old building!???

This building and business has been let go downhill for the last years!All renters have moved out!

It smells musty and not taken care of!

I am suprised it is still doing any business!It is in disrepair in my opinion!

happy mother of the bride

I find this brides story hard to believe.We had inquired around the area after reading her story because we were interested in renting the hall for a bridal shower.

No one had any horror stories such as this. I also think she needs a science lesson on fog and humidity conditions. It doesn’t add up. I wonder if their photographer also felt her wrath!

We did rent the hall and were more than happy with everything from cost and cleanliness to helpfulness of owners. (It was a surprise shower and one of the owners even assisted in getting my daughter there by setting up a time to meet about her reception.) The hall is a very unique building with a great atmosphere. The tulle and lights and chair covers just added to the ambiance and gave everything a very polished and finished look.

The hall; including the restrooms were very clean and there was ample parking for guests.We were also very happy with the rental fee.( And the heaters were in good working condition!!) I will add a review with pictures to substantiate my review.

Brides story is NOT true.....love the place...would go back....we left because of the bride....very dramatic girl!!

I've been going to the Washington Brewery for 20 years.Many different events...Never had any problems...very beautiful place, clean, friendly owners.

I would recommend Busch brewery in Washington Mo to any of my friends & family..Thank you!!!!:p

i was at this wedding and none of this happen.. The Brewery is a great place have a reception. Maybe way the receprion was so bad was becasue of the BRIDE!!!!!

Wonder what THE actual Anheiser-Busch family would think of these 'lovely' owners!!

hmmmmmm............